ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Carpentry Apprenticeship Program, a partnership between Southeast Tech, the Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation (HBCF) and the Home Builders of the Sioux Empire (HBASE), provides participants the opportunity to enter the construction industry utilizing the apprenticeship model.
Apprentices will work full-time for a member/contractor and attend class one night per week. Through classroom instruction, lab experience and on-the-job training, the apprentice will be exposed to the many segments of residential construction. Emphasis will be put on workplace safety and employing proper methods in all phases of the construction process.
Students completing this program will be qualified to work for contractors and subcontractors in the residential construction industry.
REQUIRED FOR THIS PROGRAM
- Apprentice must be at least 18 years of age
- Apprentice must be employed by a HBASE member
Registration and interviews will be held April 30, 2019 from 6:00PM - 8:30PM at the HBASE office.
Interested in hiring an apprentice?
Click the register now button on this page.
- This two-year program runs concurrent to Southeast Tech’s academic semesters
- The first-year cohort meets from 6:00PM - 10:00PM on Mondays
- The second-year cohort meets from 6:00PM - 10:00PM on Tuesdays